Managing Minor Arthritis Pain
Pain may limit some of the things you do, but it doesnt have to control your life. There are many ways to manage Minor Arthritis Pain. You may have to try different techniques until you find what works best for you.
Starting a regular fitness program is a vital step toward taking control of arthritis. Regular, moderate exercise can help improve joint flexibility and relieve pain and stiffness for people with arthritis.
Here are some additional suggestions in managing Minor Arthritis Pain:
- Choose low-impact activities, like brisk walking, cycling or swimming, that doesnt place too much stress on the joints.
- Avoid running and high-impact activities, which require jumping.
- Alternate between physical activities.
- Plan activities to last at least 20 minutes, three times per week.Increase duration gradually.
- Exercise with a friend.
Identifying Minor Arthritis Pain
The most common areas of the body that are affected by arthritis include the knees, fingers, hips and spine.
Signs and Symptoms:
- For some, the initial breakdown of cartilage causes no pain, while in others it causes a deep aching and soreness or stiffness that is particularly noticeable when they move
- Tenderness after a long period of immobility, such as first thing in the morning or after sitting through a long movie, could also be a symptom of arthritis
- Inability to move a joint normally
- Recurring pain or tenderness in any joint
- Swelling in one or more joints
- Redness or warmth in a joint
If you recognize or experience any of these signs, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible.
How Advil Arthritis Works
Advil Arthritis works by stopping the body from releasing prostaglandins, a substance that causes pain, inflammation, and fever. The main ingredient in Advil is ibuprofen which has been proven to relieve pain and inflammation, resulting in arthritis pain relief.
The benefit of Advil Arthritis for people who live with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis is that the cap is made to provide a comfortable grip which allows for easier opening. Advil Liqui-Gels and Tablets in an Easy Open Arthritis cap were awarded the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation.
If you live with arthritis you may find that purchasing this version of Advil with the easy-open cap removes the frustration and pain out of accessing your pain-relieving meds.
Also Check: What Does Arthritis Rash Look Like
Comparing Pain Meds For Osteoarthritis
Understand the pros and cons of different medicines for OA pain.
Exercise and weight loss are the best ways to beat osteoarthritis pain. But you may want to try other methods too. These include creams you apply to your skin , pills and joint injections. Knowing the pros and cons of these treatments can help you make the right choice.
Before you try pills, experts say you should try topical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for your OA pain. These come by prescription liquids and patches . Gel is now available over-the-counter without a prescription. Studies show they can relieve knee pain just as well as pills, but with fewer side effects.
Other over-the-counter arthritis creams and patches include ingredients such as capsaicin, camphor, menthol and lidocaine. They can be used for as long as needed.
Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs NSAIDs are the most effective oral medicines for OA. They include ibuprofen naproxen and diclofenac . All work by blocking enzymes that cause pain and swelling.
The problem is that some of those enzymes also help blood to clot and protect the lining of your stomach. Without them, you can bruise easily, develop ulcers and may even bleed in your intestines. NSAIDs also increase your chance of heart attack, stroke and heart failure. The risk increases the longer you use them and the more you take.
Celecoxib is an NSAID thats less likely to cause gastrointestinal bleeding, but it can cause heart problems.
Signs Of An Ibuprofen Overdose
Do not take more than the recommended dose of Advil Arthritis. An overdose can be a serious matter. While most people will recover from an overdose with prompt medical treatment, some people may develop chronic liver or kidney injury. In the case of a large overdose, recovery is less likely.
If you suspect you or someone close to you has accidentally or intentionally taken more than the recommended dose of Advil, alert emergency services.
The signs of an ibuprofen overdose are as follows:
- Ringing in the ears
Read Also: What Foods Cause Arthritis Flare Ups
How To Take And Store
Advil arthritis is taken orally with or without food. If you are 12 years of age and older, the proper dosage is one capsule/tablet every four to six hours to treat symptoms. If your pain or fever does not respond to one capsule/table you may take two.
However, you should not exceed six 200 mg capsules/tablets in 24 hours unless your practitioner has told you this is okay. If you are under 12 years of age, ask your healthcare provider if this medication is right for you.
Advil Arthritis should be stored away from children and pets in a secure area thats temperature controlled. Check the expiration date on your bottle. If your Advil arthritis has expired, it is not recommended you take the drug as it is possible it has lost its potency and you might not receive the right amount of pain relieving ingredients.
Advil Dual Action With Acetaminophen Combination Of 250mg Ibuprofen And 500mg Acetaminophen Coated Caplets
- 72 Advil Dual Action Coated Caplets w/ Acetaminophen, 250Mg Ibuprofen, 500Mg Acetaminophen Per Dose
- Relieves pain with ibuprofen and acetaminophen, with packaging with 20% less plastic by 2022
- Pain medication for headache, toothache, menstrual cramp, muscle pain and lower back pain relief
- Pain relief medication that provides relief for 8 hours
- The first and only FDA approved pain medicine with a combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen
- Pain pills that relieve pain in two ways, for powerful relief with a lower maximum daily dose
Don’t Miss: Can You Get Arthritis In Your Shoulder